Pisa and Florence shore excursion
Discover the enduring appeal of two cities steeped in history and culture
TOURS FROM LIVORNO PORT TO PISA AND FLORENCE AT A GLANCE
Private tours from Livorno port to Pisa and Florence: your driver pick you up free at Livorno port and drive you to leaning tower of Pisa in Miracle Square and to visit Florence. Below an idea of itinerary customizable according to your needs.
- 7.45am – pick-up from your ship at Livorno
- 8.30am – arrive in Pisa
- 9.15am – leave for Florence
- 10.30am – stop at Piazzale Michelangelo
- 11.00am – stop at Piazza Santa Croce
- 11.30am – stop at Piazza Duomo (central Florence)
- lunch time / wine tasting
- 4.00pm – leave for Livorno
- 5.30pm – arrive at your ship in Livorno
This is intended as a guideline only. Our tours from Livorno port to Pisa and Florence are totally flexible and we can take you exactly where you want to go. So just let us know if you want to miss something out, or add something in. If you already visited Pisa and Florence, consider our other tours: Tours from Livorno to Cinque Terre.
Do you need more informations before booking?
TOURS OF FLORENCE AND PISA FROM LIVORNO IN DETAIL
The private tours from Livorno port to Pisa and Florence start when your driver will pick you up outside your cruise liner in Livorno port at whatever time you choose, normally around 7.45am. Once you’ve got to know each other, and decide exactly what you want to do on your excursion, we’ll head off along Via Aurelia (one of Italy’s ancient Roman roads) towards Pisa.
In Pisa we’ll stop off at Piazza dei Cavalieri, an elegant square home to the prestigious Scuola Normale Superiore university and the imposing statue of Cosimo I De’ Medici.
Next stop is the Piazza dei Miracoli (a UNESCO world heritage site) famed for its magnificent Leaning Tower. We recommend you spend about an hour exploring the tower, the cathedral and the baptistery.
On our way out of Pisa we will drive past a lesser known, but equally leaning tower at the church of San Michele. Flanking the waters of the Arno river, you will also see the charmingly petite Gothic Chiesa della Spina.
We’ll then take the scenic route to Florence, snaking through the fragrant vineyards, olive groves and rolling hills of the Chianti region. For lovers of the finest Italian produce, this is the perfect location for a spot of wine or olive oil tasting (for an additional cost).
In Florence, we’ll first stop off at Piazzale Michelangelo. This panoramic viewpoint offers the most breath-taking views over Florence; the perfect introduction to the city’s sites, like Ponte Vecchio and Brunelleschi’s magnificent dome.
Winding through the characteristic Medieval streets, we’ll continue to Piazza Santa Croce. The church of the same name boasts a beautiful marble façade and the tombs of some of Italy’s greats, like Galileo Galilei and Michelangelo (entrance for a fee).
Our final stop for the day is in Piazza del Duomo, in the very heart of the city. In this truly unique piazza you’ll be overwhelmed by the unparalleled beauty and epic size of: the cathedral dedicated to Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto’s bell tower and the baptistery with its famous doors.
Do you need more informations before booking?
You’ll then have several hours to yourself to discover a wealth of sites within easy walking distance. We suggest you take a stroll to:
- Piazza della Signoria, home to Palazzo Vecchio, refined statues and fountains, and elegant bars and restaurants;
- Ponte Vecchio, a Medieval stone bridge famed for its gold boutiques;
- Mercato del Porcellino, a market selling leather goods from Tuscany, noted for its bronze statue of a wild boar. Legend has it that rubbing its snout brings visitors good luck;
- Via Tornabuoni, Florence’s most elegant shopping street housing the best Italian and international luxury brands.
Your driver is at your absolute disposal to make your time in Florence as enjoyable, stress-free and authentic as possible. We’ll give you a map of the city, point out the main sites, and will recommend (and book) you a fantastic restaurant for your lunch. And if there’s anything you need when you’re out and about, you can always give us a ring.
If you fancy soaking up a bit of culture, we can also sell you tickets to the most popular sites:
- Leaning Tower of Pisa – while accessing Piazza dei Miracoli is free, you’ll need a ticket if you want to climb the tower or visit the baptistery (about €18);
- Wine or olive oil tasting in a historic location in the Chianti region (about €15);
- Museo dell’Accademia to visit Michelangelo’s iconic David (about €17);
- Galleria degli Uffizi to see the masterpieces of the Renaissance (about €17);
- Walking tour in your language by a professional tourist guide (about €150 for 3 hours, €180 for 4 hours).
Please let us know when you book if you would like to purchase any tickets.